background

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's Birthday Month!

As many probably know, birthdays are Daren's favorite holidays.
Let me rephrase that. Daren's birthday is Daren's favorite holiday.

Since it is April and Daren's birthday is in April, birthday month will be beginning asap. As soon as he thinks of the first celebration.

Until that begins, it is April 3rd. There have already been 3 whole days in April and I have yet to start listing my favorite things about my man. So, here they are:

1. I love the way Daren looks in the mirror. It always consists of a hands-in-pocket, head slightly bowed, looking up from an angle, nod of approval. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I hope you all get to see it one day.

2. I love Daren's music. Daren is a super talented musician and is always coming up with new little things to play. Along with this, Daren loves to make up songs about what he is doing or thinking about. For example, if he is doing his hair in the morning, a song may be this:
"I am doing my hair, and it's looking really good.
I am putting the pomade in my hand and rubbing it through my hair.
My hair is looking cool, because my pomade is cool.
I love my hair, it is getting lighter from the sun.
I put too much pomade in my hair, and now it doesn't look as good as it was.
But that's ok, because my wife loves me.
She is a pickle face."

3. I love Daren's made up voices. Every now and then, and sometimes when he is alone, he will start thinking out loud in a funny voice. He has a voice for me when he is pretending to say something I say, he has a voice for his brother Ryan when he is doing something typical of Ryan. His favorite voice of late has been Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. Basically he has a voice for everyone and loves to mimic them in that voice. A couple of times, he has admitted talking to himself for 10 minutes without realizing there was no one around to hear him. Gooood one.

You can expect quite a few more of these this birthday month as we honor the Man Who Loves His Birthday.

1 comment: