background

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Up-To-Date

Wow! It has been a while since I have posted. Summer wasn't too busy for me, I just keep forgetting to update!
Lots has happened in the past few months.

First of all, Daren got a promotion in his job this summer. He is now the Operations Manager for Elevation Scholars. He so deserves the promotion, and is so good at what he does! I was quite proud of my man. We celebrated with a little Cheesecake Factory goodness. Num-Yummy!!

I got a new job. I work as a receptionist for a veterinary hospital. Not my first choice, but not my last choice, either! It was so nice to not work for most of the summer, but it feels good to be working again. It is rewarding and fulfilling. The good part about the job is I get to wear scrubs, which makes me feel official (and sometimes I pretend I am a surgeon).

School has started again. I began the semester thinking I had 4 more semesters after this one (after the U decided they needed to add requirements to my Psychology major). After visiting with my advisor, I am so happy and relieved to report that I have only 3 semesters left after this one is finished. I will be graduating with my Bachelor's of Science, and BONUS, I will also be graduating with a minor certificate in Positive Psychology.

*Side Note: Positive Psychology is the science of "emphasizing human strengths, positive emotions, and well being." It focuses on the psychology of areas such as forgiveness, anger, managing stressors, intimate relationships, and dealing with grief after traumatic experiences. This is a great certificate to have to get me into a counseling Masters program, if the opportunity arises (which I sincerely hope it does!) I am about one and a half semesters away from completing the requirements for my Psychology Degree, but I still had about 20 credits that needed to be filled. It's a perfect fit because my Positive Psychology certificate is 20 credits. Bada-bing, bada-boom, I graduate with a bachelors and a certificate by the summer next year. Why not, right?

The fifth week of school is not yet over and I have already had 4 quizzes, 3 tests, 3 study guides, and a 5 page paper due (in which I will be adding on throughout the semester). I'm sure this isn't the hardest a semester has been, but it sure feels like it so far! It will be a crazy busy one, but a good one in which I will be learning a whole lot.

So, that catches things up a bit. I will be posting as much as possible in the time that I can find. Hopefully little things here and there to keep things updated. We have a busy life, but we both agree that we are so grateful to have so many opportunities before us!


Here is a little pic Daren snapped while on one of his many backpacking trips this summer.
He is very, very proud of his weapons. He takes care of them as if they were his children.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job Katie. Any new experience adds to the richness of our lives. And to Daren for his promotion. BTW Has Daren encounter Big Foot yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are such cute kitty cats.

    ReplyDelete